This workshop has not been recorded
Workshop Dates 2022
Future Dreaming is hosting identical workshops, on different dates between May – September 2022, to help people find a workshop date that suits their schedule.
All workshops are hosted from 12pm to 2.30pm AEST (Brisbane time, Australia).
In this workshop, we explore how human relationships with the living world can form a foundation for society.
By bringing together Aboriginal philosophy and law, with Western critiques of the current governance system, this workshop focuses on how ancient and emerging place-based, Earth-centred approaches can offer an effective, practical, compassionate and successful future for Australia.
The need for new approaches to social and environmental governance has never been greater. Governance structures at the local, national and global level are faltering in the face of multiple challenges, including climate change, the perceived failures of democracy, increasing social and economic inequities – and more recently, the COVID-19 pandemic. In Australia, our changing climate – evidenced by the scale and intensity of the 2019/2020 summer of devastating bushfires, and the recent (March 2022) floods – is pushing communities to their limits and forcing many of us to reflect on our how we live on this continent.
The afternoon workshop includes presentations and discussions, to engage us all in the important work of reflecting on who we are, how we fit into the interconnected community of life, and the types of changes we can make in our individual, community and collective lives, to build a stronger, healthier and more resilient society.
The workshop is presented by Future Dreaming, in partnership with the Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA).
Three speakers will guide the afternoon discussions:
- Dr Mary Graham, Kombumerri person, Adjunct Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Queensland and Director of Future Dreaming
- Ross Williams, Bindal/Juru People and Director of Future Dreaming
- Dr Michelle Maloney, Co-Founder and National Convenor of the Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA) and Director, Future Dreaming
PLEASE NOTE THESE WORKSHOPS ARE HELD ENTIRELY ONLINE, VIA ZOOM
- $65 Standard Ticket
- $35 Concession Ticket
- $85 Standard Ticket + DONATION to Future Dreaming Australia.
- Limited scholarships are available – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org